Life's a Beach


What's your happy place? What's your stress reliever? What makes you forget everything? For some people it's a sport, for others it's music, but for me it's always traced back to the ocean. My idea of when you are in the ‘zone’ is when you are focused on nothing but what you're doing in that very moment and everything else just turns to blur and is forgotten. Jumping in the ocean with a snorkel, mask and fins does that exact thing for me, whatever was bothering me up there has now been forgotten, even if it's just for a few hours. I’ve practically grown up on the water, my parents love the ocean and boating and we were always doing it. This has had a huge impact on my life. The first time I actually snorkeled was when I was four years old and i’ve been in love with it ever since. Something about the ocean has always been so fascinating to me. My interest isn't just the ocean itself but I love boating and being able to drive a boat. I told my dad I was interested in this and we decided that I should do the boating courses to get my liscence. I recently finished these courses and have had more experience driving the boat. The beach/ocean has always acted like a stress reliever to me. I live walking distance from the beach and whenever I’m stressed I like to go there just to hear the waves crash against the sand. Over the summer I spend most of my time in the keys with friends and family which means I get to have the opportunity to go on the boat almost everyday and this is one of the reasons why i'm so passionate about it. I'm not only passionate just to see the ocean but to also help with it. As a student here at North Broward you have to have community service hours to graduate and I plan on doing something that can benefit the ocean, beaches, etc..I would love to be able to volunteer somewhere knowing that I could help with ocean conservation. Traveling is another thing I’m very enthusiastic about. It’s a dream to be able to travel around the world just to see the oceans there. Different places have different exotic animals there that I’m dying to see and learn about. It’s important to me to expand my knowledge about the ocean and try new things.  Although  I don’t have a clue on what I want to do with my future I know I will always be around the ocean even if my job doesn't have something to do with it.

Comments